Starting today until April 5th, 2017 the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Card is offering their biggest sign-up bonus! 35,000 Starpoints… That’s enough for a free night at the upscale St. Regis New York (~$800/night) or 3 nights at the Westin Snowmass ski resort in Colorado (~$250/night). Sign up here
Here’s the details….
The Starwood Preferred Guest credit card from American Express is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 25,000 Starpoints when you spent $3,000 in the first 3 months and an extra 10,000 Starpoints when you spend an additional $2,000 in the first 6 months of account opening. That’s 35,000 Starpoints total, matching their highest ever offer.
There are some great brands in the Starwood Collection such as W Hotels, Sheraton, Westin, Meridien, aloft, Four Points and St. Regis to name a few. Starpoints can be used for free nights at any of the 1200 SPG hotels in over 100 countries with no blackout dates. SPG has 7 categories of hotels ranging in points from 3,000 Starpoints per night for a category 1 hotel to 35,000 Starpoints per night for a category 7 hotel. SPG also offers a 5th night free when you book an award stay for 4+ nights.
Other noteworthy benefits include….
- No annual fee for the first years ($95 for each year thereafter)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary and unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi
- 5X the Starpoints for all purchases at SPG hotels and 1X the Starpoints for all other purchases
- Credit for 5 nights and 2 stays towards Starwood Elite Status (20 nights away from Gold Status and 45 nights away from Platinum Status)
- Free in room premium internet
- Turn Starpoints into airline miles (5,000 Starpoint bonus when you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to a participating frequent flyer program)
- We used our Starpoints to book roundtrip Emirates business class flights to India and Thailand!