The Business Gold Rewards card from American Express
is currently offering 50,000 Membership Reward points when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months of card membership. Membership Reward points can be used for gift cards, shopping, entertainment, point of sale, donations to charity, charges or travel. Travel is by far the most valuable use of points. You can pay with points and book directly through American Express travel or you can transfer points to over 20 different partners.
Last year we transferred Membership Rewards to British Airways for a great redemption with Aer Lingus. The transfer ratio is 1:1 making 25,000 Membership Reward points equal to 25,000 British Airways Avios. That is all we needed to book a roundtrip flight to Ireland and Scotland on Aer Lingus (Currently you need 26,000 BA Avios, which is still a great deal). This signup bonus alone can get you 2 roundtrip tickets to Ireland. We plan to transfer our additional points from this card to ANA for flights to South Africa on Etihad next year.
Additional card benefits include:
- 3 times the points on one category of your choice (airfare, advertising, gas stations, shipping or computing purchases)
- 2 times the points on the remaining four categories
- 1 time the points on all other purchases
- Purchase protection and extended warranty
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- Premium roadside assistance
- Baggage insurance plan and travel accident insurance
- Spend Manager mobile app to organize receipts on the go
The annual fee is normally $175 but it is waived for the first year. Whether you own a small or large business or plan on starting one up, this card is a great choice!